The kit will be released at Gen Con and it will be limited to only two boxes per customer. If you buy it directly from R Talsorian you will get a coupon to get the PDF from DriveThruRPG for only $8. Afterwards, you will be able to pick it up for only $15. The box itself will retail for $29.99.
Another little piece of information is that the rule books will be perfect bound and not stapled. It looks like they are definitely leaving the old school sensibility behind and our adapting many of the modern ways of producing games.
Inside the Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit box, players will find:
- A lore and adventure book detailing the world of Cyberpunk Red. Also included is a full, ready to play scenario and “Screamsheets”, a combination of in-universe news story and game information which players can use to create new adventures.
- A rulebook containing the essential rules needed to play the game, engage in frenetic combat, and hack their way through digital networks. The Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit uses a new version of R. Talsorian Games’ original Interlock game engine.
- Six pregenerated characters: the Fixer, the Netrunner, the Nomad, the Rocker, the Solo, and the Tech. Each character comes ready to play but can be further customized using an abbreviated version of the famous Cyberpunk Lifepath system.
- Four maps to help players visualize their environments, from hard streets to glittering nightclubs.
- Six dice: two ten-sided dice and four six-sided dice.