In the kit they are calling them "Edgerunners" and they are emphasizing that all of them are completely customizable. They are simply going to be presented as a canvas that you can expand upon and make your own. Of course, as with most starter boxes, all of the characters represent a different "class".
- Forty is a Rocker. Using her guitar and her voice, she sings words of truth, trying to change the world one show at a time.
- As a Fixer, Grease makes deals for a living. That’s especially important in the world of Cyberpunk Red, since it is often Fixers, not your local market, who can get you what you need to survive until tomorrow.
- Our Solo’s name is Mover. His gun is for hire. He might work for a Corp today, a Fixer tomorrow, and the local church the day after. Everyone needs a fighter in the world of Cyberpunk Red.
- Redeye’s a Netrunner and it is a new world for her profession in Cyberpunk Red. She’ll be part of the team, going on site and into danger so she can plug her brain directly into the computers she needs to hack. No more NETsurfing from the couch!
- Nomads have changed in the world of Red, too. They’re the best, and often only, way to get goods and people from one urban center to another. Racer represents her Pack’s interests, even if it means staying in one place for a long period of time. She’s still an expert behind the wheel, though.
- Torch, our Tech, is as important in his own way as any Fixer. Sure, a Fixer can get you new piece of gear but in the age of Cyberpunk Red, only someone like Torch can keep it working or adapt it to do something it was never intended for.
- Intelligence: How smart you are.
- Willpower: Your determination and ability to handle stress.
- Cool: Your ability to impress and influence.
- Empathy: Relating and understanding others.
- Technique: The knack of using tools and technology.
- Reflexes: Response time and hand-eye coordination.
- Luck: How gosh darn lucky you are.
- Body: Toughness and strength.
- Dexterity: Athletics and gymnastic ability.
- Movement: How fast you are.
The art we see for the Edgerunners looks very similar to the artwork we have already seen. We've been told that plenty of other art will be available which is my hope. I'd like to see something that will differentiate Cyberpunk from Shadowrun in terms of art style.
You can get your hands on the Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit at Gen Con on August 1st at the R. Talsorian booth or digitally on DriveThruRPG. After Gen Con the kit will be available in stores and in the R. Talsorian webstore as well.